Pumpkins are everywhere! I love Fall and all the fun things you can do with pumpkins!
Pumpkin Print Painting is a fun way to smell pumpkins, talk about seeds and vines, predict what is inside a pumpkin, and create a personal, free-style painting project!
- little pumpkins
- sharp knife
- paper plates or tins for the paint
- paper to paint on
1- Ask your kids what is inside the pumpkin. How many seeds do they expect? What will it look like if we cut it in half? Click here for great pumpkin science activities for preschoolers!
2- Cut the pumpkin in half and let your kids clean out the insides.
3- Squirt paint onto the plates, and show your kids how to make a print. It works best if you wiggle the pumpkin around in the paint and again on the paper. Let them loose to explore and create! Don't worry if they decide to paint with their hands too--pumpkin print painting is an experience!
Did you see our leaf print paintings last week? Check out these other awesome Fall print painting ideas:
- Paper Roll Apple Stamps at Sugar Aunts
- Fall Colour Apple Stamping at Happy Hooligans
- Halloween Cookie Cutter Painting at Imprints from Tricia
- Apple Picking Bucket at Glittering Muffins
- Exploring Orange at Laly Mom
- DIY Halloween Stamping Paint Fun at Powerful Mothering
- Fall Leaf Collage Made With Bubble Wrap Art at Hands On As We Grow
I may share at any of these parties!